Week 6 of Serie A saw an explosion in scoring, with 32 goals netted throughout the 10 contested matches. Despite having a wealth of scores to choose from, this edition of Top 5 Goals sees a SerieAzzurri Calcio first: a single player occupying two positions on the list. Let's throw individual variety to the wind as we take a look at the premier strikes from the Italian top flight this weekend past.
1. Tiberio Guarente: The 26 year-old Pisa native on loan from Sevilla opened the scoring for Bologna on 19 minutes with a marvellously struck half-volley across the face of goal from the edge of the penalty area. Authoritative.
2. Alessandro Gazzi: The redheaded former Bari midfielder triggered the Granata scoring surge with a unique diving cranial wonder in the 62nd minute that looped backwards off of the Italian's head and inside the far post. Remarkable.
3. Alan Stevanovic: The Swiss-born Serbian sustained Torino's prolific 4 goal in 14 minute onslaught with a perfectly hit volley from an Alessio Cerci cross that blazed past the helpless Andrea Consigli. Irrepressible.
4. Fabrizio Miccoli (1): The 33 year-old Palermo captain got the struggling Rosanero off to a roaring start on 13 minutes with a vintage curling free-kick from 25 yards that squirmed into top right corner of goal. Classic.
5. Fabrizio Miccoli (3): The diminutive striker completed a sensational hat-trick on the day with 50 yard volley so sublime that words cannot adequately describe its beauty. Inexpressible.
Make sure to vote for you preferred goal of match week 6 in the poll on the right hand sidebar.
May golazos continue to abound,
SerieAzzurri Calcio Connection...