Week 7 of Serie A saw 21 goals scored in the 10 matches contested. This edition of Top 5 Goals focuses heavily on free-kicks, with three of the nominees hitting home from dead-ball situations. Let's take a look a the pinnacles of attacking genius from the Italian top flight this weekend past.
1. Walter Samuel, Inter: The ageless Argentine bulwark got in touch with his offensive side early in the Derby della Madonnina with wonderful header at the back post as his vision was entirely obstructed, putting Inter ahead 1-0 for good. Perceptive.
2. Hernanes, Lazio: The Aquile's Brazilian playmaker got his squad off to a flying start against Pescara with an incredible curling free-kick from 30 yards out. Tremendous.
3. Andrea Pirlo, Juventus: Il Metronomo displayed incredible wit to match his athletic prowess with an ingenious free-kick that rolled under the ascending wall and paid no heed to Gianluca Pegolo's save attempt. Cunning.
4. Enzo Maresca, Sampdoria: The journeyman Italian drew Sampdoria level at the Bentegodi with a classic curling effort from 25 yards out on a free-kick. Quintessential.
5. Erik Lamela, Roma (Totti assist): Some golazos involve cracking finishes, whilst others employ finesse and quality interplay. The young Argentine's score against Atalanta took advantage of the latter, with a subtle finish the product of a wonderful run and a magnificent dinked ball by Francesco Totti. Systematic.
Make sure to vote for your preferred goal on the right hand sidebar.
May golazos continue to abound,